Thursday 5 July 2012

Free Record Worksheets

I have just received an email from Family Tree Magazine highlighting some of the tools that they offer to genealogists to aid them in their family history research. In particular, they provide forms, worksheets, and organisers to help you to keep track of all of the information you discover relating to your ancestors. On their website they offer basic charts and worksheets, research trackers and organisers, census forms, immigration forms, record worksheets, and forms for oral history and heirlooms. They are all available in PDF format, and they are all free. You can get them here.

Another similar resource which I have used myself is offered by the BBC. Once again the records are in PDF format, meaning that you will need the free software Adobe Reader to view them. On offer are first information sheets, record sheets for births, marriages, and deaths, and a pedigree chart. As with the Family Tree Magazine resources, all of these are completely free to download. They can be found here.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for these links, which I have book marked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have collected a few different forms then compiled the best of these into an excel spreadsheet to meet my needs... Problem is I still to be 'more' organized to get the most out of it!
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jon

    Welcome to the GeneaBlogging community! This post reminds me of my eternal quest to find the perfect form! I'm still looking. I think what I want is a checklist that I have checked every possible source I could have for each individual...this form comes close http://www.byub.org/ancestors/charts/pdf/researchquestions.pdf

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message on anything genealogy related.